Tektōn v.9

$15.50$31.00

Clear

We are craftspeople dedicated to exhibiting the qualities of one of the most flavorful beverages in the world. What we attempt to create and construct are flavor experiences that are balanced, intoxicating, and special. While our single origin offerings exhibit qualities that are delicious and complete by themselves, blending can create something unique that none of our coffees offer by themselves. We are inspired by French wine and cocktails like the Sazerac. By adding a small amount of five quality ingredients (sugar, bitters, lemon, absinthe, ice), a serving of perfectly good whiskey becomes a different, yet delicious, taste experience than that offered by any neat pour.

We are excited to offer Tektōn as a compliment to our single origin offerings. It matches the integrity of those offerings by remaining a seasonal coffee with a transparent supply chain. We embrace the future insight and taste experiences Tektōn will provide.

v9 is a blend of coffees from Guatemala and Colombia. A majority (68%) of the coffee comes from Finca Santa Ana in the Santa Rosa department. We sourced and selected this coffee through our collaboration with TG-Lab and InterAmerican coffee. The rest of the coffee (32%) is from Café Imports’ Regional Select program in Cauca, Colombia. In this program, Café Imports offers farmers premiums for coffees based on quality. Coffees that score in the 84-86 point range receive a premium and are blended together into regional lots, like this one from Cauca. Lots that score higher are sold as farm-specific microlots and receive an even higher premium.

Team taste notes: candied pecan, mallow, red apple

Country 68%:
Guatemala
Producer 68%:
Finca Santa Ana
Region 68%:
Nuevo Vinas, Santa Rosa
Process 68%:
Washed
Importer 68%:
InterAmerican Coffee
Country 32%:
Colombia
Producer 32%:
Small-holder farmers
Region 32%:
Cauca
Process 32%:
Washed
Importer 32%:
Café Imports
Varieties:
Catuai, Bourbon, Caturra, Colombia, Castillo
Harvest:
February – June 2017
Tektōn v9 Cut Sheet
Download ()